Hermitage Hill Farm and Stables is pleased to offer these employment opportunities with our sister company, Stable Craft Brewing.
Stable Craft Brewing will be opening in mid to late April and we are looking for talented individuals with a passion for craft beers, farm brewing and the outdoor life. We are looking to fill the following job opportunities. If you are an enthusiastic motivated individual passionate about craft beer and are interested interested in bringing the farm brewery experience to the public –
Please submit a cover letter, resume and note the employment position for which you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Send to email@example.com.
We will accept online submissions only. No drop-ins or phone calls regarding employment opportunities will be entertained.
Kitchen Manager-Chef / Full-Time
Experienced Chef wanted at Stable Craft Brewing. Need a passionate foodie that wants to take the helm exploding creativity one plate at a time in a farm-to fork-environment making really cool sandwiches, burger and appetizers that can’t be found anywhere else to compliment our exciting farm-brewed beers. Weekends and holidays are necessary for this position.
Description of Responsibilities
- Craft artisanal-menus with a focus on locally-sourced ingredients and cross-utilization for catered events
- Sourcing of local ingredients
- Supervise production of catered events
- Ordering and costing out of menus with a focus
- Must work nights, weekends and *federal holidays
- Excellent sanitation skills
- Ability to reproduce consistent menu items
- Knife skills and equipment knowledge
- Monitor and report needed repairs
- Communicate with servers
Tasting Room Manager / Full-Time
The Tasting Room Manager will oversee the tasting room and act as a bartender on slower weekdays. This role will also include hiring, training, and managing tasting room staff, as well as any other related staff that may be required. The role will also handle ordering and purchasing of any other supplies that are necessary. Tasting Room Manager will be expected to work weekends and holidays as needed.
Description of Responsibilities
- The Tasting Room Manager will be responsible for training and development of tasting room specialists and tour guides, Kitchen staff and inventories special event planning, visitor experience and financial performance while maintaining high standards of operation.
- Hire tasting room specialists with a passion for craft beer and a desire to offer the highest quality visitor experience.
- Create training program to enhance knowledge of beer brewing process, craft beer scene and more specifically Stable Craft brands and products.
- Provide specialists with continuous training on tasting room procedures and policies and provide corrective measures when necessary.
- Provide specialists with clear understanding of expectations and job descriptions.
- Continuously review and improve tasting room experience for visitors and staff as the brewery grows and evolves.
- Purchase food and cleaning supplies, maintain inventory, sanitation, health inspections code.
- Manage recyclable products, create kitchen schedules, and monitor food quality and standards.
- Hire and assign head cook position with daily inspections of all kitchen areas.
- Further develop guided tour program at the brewery to ensure engaging and educational visitor experience.
- Plan and work with Head brewer and staff in regards to proper staffing levels during visitor hours, including a plan to expand operating hours.
- Organize and execute special events hosted both at the brewery and at off-site locations.
- Maintain retail beer inventory and draft system quality.
- Manage retail merchandise inventory, sales and presentation including both on-site and online and assist with selection and sourcing of new merchandise with marketing staff.
- Maintain clean and well organized tasting room and perform any necessary maintenance or upgrades.
- Compile and enforce all local, state and federal laws and regulations regarding brewery and tasting room operations.
- Work closely with the rest of the brewery team to achieve overall goals of the company.
Tasting Room Servers /Part-time to Full-time (as necessary)
Description of Responsibilities
This position reports to the Tasting Room Manager, may have responsibilities and job tasks assigned by owners (Beer Ambassador and Head Brewer). The ideal candidate will be an energetic, friendly, motivated, outgoing and a hardworking individual who takes initiative. Candidates must be able to commit to 8 four hour training/orientation sessions prior to the tasting room’s opening. Day to day responsibilities will include serving Stable Craft beers in the tasting room, following state law, and being able to answer questions and make recommendations regarding our beer selection. This position will need to have a strong love for craft beer and a desire to continuously grow and learn, and a passion for craft beer culture and be willing to represent it. It will require an individual to know our beers inside and out.
Servers will be expected to work weekends and holidays as needed.
- Display a sense of urgency, have a self-starting personality, and demonstrate attention to detail
- Have a positive and professional attitude with our crew and our guests
- Sell Stable Craft merchandise and Farm Brewery Drinking Club memberships.
- Be willing to be trained on the art and science of craft brewing and craft beers.
- Record drink orders accurately and immediately into the Point of Sale system.
- Fill and sell growler orders; accept guest payment, process credit card charges and make change, if applicable.
- Clean/sterilize bar area and glassware; clear and reset tables and clean bathrooms in tasting room
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of inventory and supplies.
- Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to manager.
- Be familiar with promotions, sales and assist with special events.
- Complete opening and closing duties under the direction of owners and managers.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner.
Security Staff / Part-time to Full-time (as necessary)
Must have excellent communication skills and maintain a hospitable approach. Prior experience and training a must. This is a relaxed environment although we maintain a resort expectation with customer service.Position is available for Full-time and Part-time. Evenings, Federal holidays & weekends.
Hermitage Hill Farm & Stables & Stable Craft Brewing are Equal Opportunity Employers.